- tentacular* as an entry point:
earthbound, creature-like, multi-aspectational, reaching out &
feeling into holes, searching for newer connections, many-twisted
- an alternative to the lineal, patriarchal, polarised thinking that
has dominated western ideology for centuries.
- every-direction slipperiness &
- ‘what am i’ unless that i is itself,
ambiguous? why be defined?
- less defined, more expansive, oceanic:
more connected to all manner of odd things**
- i have been doing it already,
been doing it in fact, since i was young
refusing to be defined, though ‘wild’ &
even that i see, is now an outmoded concept***
- i just was never able to put a name to it
i have been moving from one tentacle to another
- the beauty of it
- because it does not have to make sense
*used extensively by Donna Haraway in her book ‘Staying With the Trouble: Making Kin in the Cthtulucene’.
**that is why my bio has been made for me by the predictive text on my phone. i have spent a long time with these devices & it is odd that i have yet to connect with their personalities. how comforting it is to know that they too, have a soul that speaks.
***for nothing can be said to be truly wild on this planet if it is being filtered through our naming of it.